728 X 90 Ad slot

Sunday, August 21, 2011

How Many Unindexed Posts Does Your Blog Have?


We all, hopefully, know that there is a big difference between having a bunch of great content on your site and Google knowing about your content.

Indexing stands between your content residing at the bottom of the internet abyss and your #1 Google ranking.

Let’s take a look at Traffic Generation Cafe for a moment.

This is a very active blog that is crawled by the search engines on a daily basis.

Also, I am extremely thorough at building internal links within TGC, as well as backlinks to my blog from other blogs, which is how Google finds your content to begin with – by following links from already indexed content.

So you can imagine why I thought that all of my older content pages have been indexed a long time ago…

NOT.

As I was studying Andrew Rondeau’s Income Blogging guide – an absolutely brilliant blogging course that will take you from A (how to install a blog, plugins, themes, etc) to Z (how to REALLY make money) of blogging, and even I, an experienced blogger, am amazed how much I am learning from it – I discovered a solution to a problem I knew existed a while back, but never had a chance to look into it.

Well, thanks to Andrew, the solution proved to be simple enough that I took care of my “no-index business” once and for all.

So let me walk you, step by step, through the process of identifying the pages that are currently not indexed in search engines, even though you:

  • Added the Google XML sitemap plugin
  • Verified your blog via Google’s Webmaster tools
  • Added internal links

Step 1. How many pages are not indexed?

Go to your Google Webmaster Tools account and take a look at Site Configuration ==> Sitemaps.

traffic generation cafe sitemap image

As you can see from the image above (click to enlarge), I currently have 271 URLs submitted through my sitemap, yet only 245 of them are indexed by Google.

And as you’ll see from a screenshot I’ll add in a moment, we are talking about older posts here – all my new ones are being indexed almost the same day.

Step 2. Which pages are not indexed?

And that’s where the problem lies.

Google Webmaster Tools will tell you how many are not indexed, but not which ones.

There are plenty of online marketing tools that will check for you if an individual page is indexed by search engines.

But what if you need to check hundreds of them or even thousands?

Step 3. Invest $7 into this piece of software.

Yes, only $7 and you’ll be able to check in one quick sweep which blog pages are indexed and which are not, and not only on your own blog.

You can also check your guest posts.

You can see if you Ezinearticles articles, YouTube video, Squidoo or Hubpages are indexed.

It’s actually pretty incredible – that’s what I thought of it once I started playing with it.

Here’s a screen shot from my blog, after I ran some URLs through it to see what’s going on with my indexing:

traffic generation cafe indexed pages image

index checker imageTake a look at the full range of what IndexChecker can do for you and your blog:

Discover Which Of Your Web Pages Are NOT Indexed In Google.

Step 4. Install IndexChecker.

The instruction PDF will let you know how to install the software to your blog directory.

However, I struggled a bit with their directions, so I made a video to show you step by step as to how to install IndexChecker.

Step 5. Let’s find those unindexed pages.

…and finally take care of this little pesky problem.

Here’s your link one more time -

http://www.trafficgenerationcafe.com/recommends/indexchecker

Happy exploring!


Source: http://www.trafficgenerationcafe.com/blog-posts-indexed-unindexed/

Sunday, August 21, 2011 by deivam P Mohanraj · 0

0 Responses to “How Many Unindexed Posts Does Your Blog Have?”

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...